Terms and Conditions
By accepting a quote either verbally or in writing or by placing an order with Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below. Please note there are additional terms and conditions for website design and management.
The Client : The company or individual requesting the services of Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions.
An ‘order’ is deemed to be a written or verbal contract between Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions and the Client, this includes telephone and email agreements.
A ‘Project’ is any work undertaken or service provided by Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions for the Client on their request and as described in our confirmation order email to that Client.
Terms & Conditions
1. If additional work (or changes are required to work that has already commenced) then we reserve the right to amend our original quotation at any time. Should the client cancel the assignment before completion, the client will be liable for any completed work to date.
2. Both Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions and the client agree that all information provided to each other will be treated as strictly private and confidential and safeguarded in line with The Data Protection Act.
3. The client will ensure that Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions is provided with all paperwork and information necessary to complete the task prior to the commencement of the task.
4. A 50% deposit may be required for certain projects based on length, complexity etc. before work can commence.
5. The time taken to complete a task will be monitored and recorded. Only time used directly on the task will be recorded; any interruptions or breaks will not be included in the completion time. The cumulative time will be rounded up to the nearest 15 minute block and invoiced accordingly.
6. There is a minimum fee of 30 minutes work charged on all assignments unless agreed otherwise.
7. Additional costs incurred e.g. postage, couriers, telephone calls, non-standard materials etc. will be charged at cost. All mailshot costs including postage must be paid for in advance.
8. Invoices will be issued at the end of each project, fortnightly during the course of an ongoing project, or monthly for block booking clients.
9. If the project is unable to complete due to failure on the part of the client to provide the material, information or feedback required the Client will be liable for the remaining payment of the order value and will be invoiced accordingly.
10. Payment terms are strictly 14 days unless alternative terms have been agreed in advance.
11. Any overdue invoices will be subject to additional charges including statutory interest according to Government legislation. Legal action will be taken in the event of non-payment.
12. Payment to be made by electronic transfer (BACS). Invoices will be in £ sterling and will include any applicable bank charges. If alternative payment method (e.g. cheque or PayPal) is required this needs to be agreed at the start and will be subject to any additional costs including processing time.
13. The client will be liable to refund any unpaid cheque charges.
14. Any unused hours from block bookings may be carried over for a period of 3 months. However if these are not utilised after this period they will be forfeited.
15. It is the clients’ responsibility to install anti-virus protection on their own equipment.
16. Final proof reading remains the responsibility of the client, however in the unlikely event of any mistakes being found they will be rectified free of charge if returned within 48 hours.
17. Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions does not accept liability for any errors and will be responsible for rectifying the work only. No further liability is acknowledged.
18. Clients are solely responsible for the appropriate uses of all work undertaken by Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions including abiding by copyright laws, plagiarism laws and publishing requirements. Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions is not responsible for the content of any document supplied to them and will not be held liable or responsible for the end use of any work completed by us.
19. Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, theft, etc. of data, documents, equipment or any items relating to tasks during transit to and from our premises.
20. In no event shall Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions be liable for any indirect punitive, special or incidental damage (including loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage) however it arises.
21. Clients have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment used and will not make a claim against Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate instruction, work delays or lost profits resulting from a contract.
22. Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions retains the right to reject work that we feel is illegal, immoral or objectionable.
23. Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions will not be liable or become involved in any disputes between the client and their customers and cannot be held responsible for any wrongdoing on the part of a client.
24. Gillian Ann Virtual PA Solutions does not have public liability insurance and therefore cannot permit visits to our premises.